The Level 5 Textbook is the latest and most advanced edition of the Speak Lakota! series. It reviews and builds on vocabulary from Levels 1-4, while expanding into more complex grammatical areas. The Level 5 is a continuation of the style and communicative language approach of the Level 4 textbook. It helps the student not merely know the language through rote memorization of patterns, but through encouraging a process of discovery that internalizes the languages into the student's active language framework.
- 12 colorful, well-designed Units – including “Finding the Magic Moccasins” , “The Camp on the Move”, and “Buffalo Hunt.”
- a full year of instruction.
- Updated layout and artwork
- Many new activities based on traditional cultural themes
- Promotes conversational Lakota using Communicative Language techniques
- Sequenced with Levels 1-4 vocabulary, lessons, and characters
- Prepares students for Level 6 and intermediate-level proficiency
- Many new stories, games, comic pages, and a 1,553-word Glossary